COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATEPublished on 22 Sep 2020
COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE
Updated 22 Sept 2020
The Central Coast cares about the continued safety of our regional community. We want locals and visitors to be COVID-safe and COVID-aware when living within, or visiting our region.
NSW is implementing a phased approach towards resuming local, regional and interstate travel. NSW has temporarily shut its border with Victoria to contain the spread of COVID-19, however NSW residents and visitors from other Australian states can move throughout NSW for a holiday and work, but must continue to follow the health advice regarding physical distancing, hygiene and public gatherings.
Be extra savvy with your trip planning. Before travelling, visitors to the Central Coast should contact their planned accommodation venues, attractions or regional businesses, or visit their websites, before arriving to ensure they will be open and confirm bookings. To plan a smart, safe and sensible trip try Tourism Australia’s Travel Status Map.
- Access the latest travel alerts on Destination NSW’s website.
- Localised advice can be found on Central Coast Council’s website.
- For the latest information on NSW restrictions refer to the NSW Government COVID-19 website.
Good hygiene recommendations include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water before and after eating
- Wash your hands with soap and water after going to the toilet
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue, not your hand
- If you are sick, avoid contact with others and stay more than 1.5 metres away from people
For the latest information on the current situation consult NSW Health’s website.
If you have symptoms, get tested at a COVID-19 clinic. Symptoms include fever, cough, sore/ scratchy throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell. Self-isolate until you get your results. If you need advice call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.