Mangrove Mountain Country Fair
Saturday 18 October 2014
The fun-filled Mangrove Mountain & Districts Country Fair is on again - Saturday 18th October from 10.00 am at the corner of Wisemans Ferry and Waratah Roads, Mangrove Mountain.
The exciting annual Mangrove Mountain & Districts Country Fair is the fun 'Jewel in the Crown' of the area's unique community life. It's a place to catch up with friends and neighbours, experience rural activities first-hand, pet animals, learn about some old-fashioned country customs and discover an exciting array of entertainment, local food and beverages.
Experience a great day of country fun - everything from pig races to snake handlers, cows to computers, art to astronomy, with championship wood-chopping, loads of farm & native animals, farm produce displays, handcrafts, music, plants, home-made cakes and jams, and... a few surprises thrown
• Grizzlee Train ( local alternative blue and roots duo)
• Ash Wednesday (jazz/blues/acoustic group)
• Mick Gandy (singer,guitarist, performer)
• Ben Woodham (acoustic)
• Sahaj Dumpleton (bush poetry and bush acapella singing)
• The Central Coast Ukelele Clubs (up to 100 ukeleles!)
• Scott Gordon-Gillespie (singer/acoustic guitarist)
• Distant Sons (local alternative folk/rock/country/indie band)
Visit our website www.countryfair.mangrovemountain.net or LIKE us on Facebook at Mangrove Mountain & Districts Country Fair. See you there!
The Mangrove Mountain Country Fair has been running every year since 1963 as a community fundraiser when locals needed to find funding for the bush nurse - a very valuable source of comfort for Mountain families. Although the bush nurse has long gone, this popular event has continued as fundraiser for local community groups.