Kids SCHOOL HOLIDAY Ideas!
Easter School Holidays
The Easter School holidays have come around again - and if you're wondering what you can do with the little ones, check out our range of great Kids School Holiday Activities that will have them entertained for hours on end!
Don't forget to check out our Special Offers from our 2017 Official Visitor Guide.
Experience Australia’s most Deadly & Dangerous creatures these school holidays at The Australian Reptile Park! To fulfil the ever curious and thrill-seeking mindset of visitors, award-winning sanctuary will feature their popular Deadly & Dangerous show series during the April school holidays (8th-25th April), educating guests on Australia and the world’s most dangerous creatures. The Australian Reptile Park is home to over 1,000 animals with about half of them being deadly and dangerous.
From seeing live snake and spider milkings daily and witnessing how The Australian Reptile Park’s brave keepers are saving lives or getting up close with Australia’s crankiest crocodile “Elvis”, visitors have no shortage of excitement these school holidays! The park will also be launching their BRAND NEW croc show with Elvis jumping out of water to snatch his food off the keepers every day of the holidays at 1:30pm – warning to visitors, they may get wet!!
Where: Pacific Hwy, Somersby
Get your kids active these school holidays with the Central Coast Mariners School Holiday Clinics in April 2017!
A team of experienced coaches will lead clinics at the Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence throughout April 2017, with boys and girls aged 5 to 12 catered for.
Each participant will receive specialised coaching, as well as a Mariners training shirt to wear throughout their sessions, and take home to mark their involvement.
PLUS – Those taking part will have the opportunity to be coached by Central Coast Mariners players, meet the team in a signing session and have a group photo with the squad.
The Newcastle Permanent School Holiday Clinics have a focus on fun and participation – no previous football skills are required!
Kids can opt to join in for one, two or three days of football fun in a supportive environment which aims to not only enhance their football skills, but ensures they are remaining active throughout their school break.
This program is proudly sponsored by Newcastle Permanent – Official School Holiday Clinic Partner of the Central Coast Mariners .
Central Coast Mariners School Holiday Clinics – April 2017
TUGGERAH (5 - 12 year olds):
Venue : Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence (1 Bryant Dr, Tuggerah)
Dates : Monday 10th, Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th April
Time 9:30am - 12:30pm
Cost : $65 (1 Day), $115, (2 Days) or $140 (3 days) – Mariners Members save 10%
Tuggerah - CLICK HERE TO BOOK
Kid’s Buffet High Tea - Under the Sea!
For a special experience with your child this school holidays,go along to the Kid’s Buffet High Tea on Sunday, the 23rd of April at Crowne Plaza Terrigal.
Under the Sea! The kids will enjoy face painting, plaster painting, balloon animals and a puppet show and can come dressed up in an ocean themed costume if they wish. We hope to see plenty of pirates and mermaids about.
For just $29 each for adults and children, you will indulge in the Buffet High Tea with cupcakes, sandwiches, candy and more. Beer and wine will be available for adults to purchase on the day.
When: 12pm, Sunday 23rd April 2017
Price: Adults: $29 Children (Aged 3-12): $29 each
Infants (2 and under): Free but will not be allocated a seat.
Bookings are essential and seating is allocated.
Please note; All adults attending the event must pay and adults must remain present with children throughout the event.
To book or for more information please call (02) 4384 9238 or click here
Where: Pine Tree Lane, Terrigal
Keep the kids entertained these school holidays and treat them to some crafty fun at Gosford Regional Gallery.
We have a host of free art activities, as well as special workshops, for all the budding artists out there.
- Drawing in the Garden - 11 - 20 April - Simply pick up your drawing materials from the gallery and head out into the garden. Once completed bring your drawings back to the desk and enter your artwork into our Drawing In The Garden art competition.
- Stories at the Gallery - 11 April 4-8yrs - Revisit childhood family favourites, such as Winnie the Pooh and Little Golden Books, followed by the creating of simple craft. Free Event Bookings required
- Russian Dolls - 18 April 6 - 14 yrs - Students will paint a series of 5 Russian dolls and learn about the history and culture of this Russian tradition. Cost $25
- String Art - 18 Apr 6 - 10 yrs - Students will create two different designs and learn the skills to create string art works at home. Cost $25
- Clay Art - 19 Apr 6-14 yrs - Students will make dragons or other fantasy creatures using air drying clay. Learn how to sculpt and work the clay. Cost $25
- Clay Sea Creatures - 19 Apr 6-14 yrs - Students will make sea creatures, mermaids and other fantasy creatures using air drying clay. Learn how to sculpt and work the clay. Cost $25
- Under the Sea - 20 Apr 6-14 yrs - Learn to explore the ocean through drawing. Students will create a real or fantasy image from under the sea. Cost $25
- Pet Portrait - 20 Apr 6-14 yrs - Create a portrait of your favourite pet or another animal, bring along a photo. Students will learn how to draw their chosen animal and bring it to life. Cost $25
- Watercolours - 21 Apr 6-14yrs - Discover the beauty and joy of watercolour manipulating water to work with nature and the different patterns from our beautiful Japanese gardens. Cost $25
- Chilbi - 21 Apr 6-15yrs - Join this fun class where we will learn how to draw ‘chibis’ a Japanese animation of small cute people and animals. Cost $25
From sweets to family dinners there are all sorts of things to keep kids interested. All classes for school students are only $45.
Classes are arranged in infants, primary and high school groups and are specifically designed for those age groups.
• Pasta for High School Students (Yrs 7 – 12) Tuesday, April 11 | 10.00am – 12.00 pm
• Mini High Tea for Primary School Students (Yrs 3 – 6) Tuesday , April 11 | 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm
• Easter Themed Cupcake Decorating for Kinder to Yr 2 - Wednesday, April 12 | 10.00am – 11.00am
• Easter Cupcake Baking and Decorating for Primary School Students (Yrs 3 – Yr 6) Wednesday, April 12 | 2.00pm – 4.00pm
• Easter Baking for High School Students (Yrs 7 – Yr 12) Thursday, April 13 | 2.00 pm – 4.00pm
• Cooking for the family – Indian Cuisine for Primary School Students (Yrs 3 – Yr 6) Wednesday, April 19 | 10.00 am – 12.00 pm
• Sweet Things for High School Students (Yrs 7 – Yr 12) Wednesday , April 19 | 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm
• Sweet and Savoury Baking for Primary School Students (Yrs 3 – Yr 6) Thursday, April 20 | 2.00 pm – 4. 00 pm
• Cooking for the family – Mexican Cuisine for High School Students (Yrs 7 – Yr 12) Friday, April 21 | 10.00 am – 12.00 pm
Easter Holiday Fun
Face Painting and Balloon Sculpture
Fairy Sparkles will be painting little faces while Pirate Salt sculpts balloons into various shapes
Mon 10 – Wed 12 April 10am – 2pm
Easter Bunny Visit
The Easter Bunny will be giving out chocolate eggs to all the kids
Thur 13 & Sat 15 Apr 9:30 – 1:30
Create a Calming Jar
The latest craft craze – the continuously swirling sparkly creation is not just fun to make, but will keep you memerized for hours.
Mon 17 – Fri 21 Apr 10am – 2pm
Metro Cinemas Smurf Colour Competition
Win a family movie pass, and a “Lost Village” pack including: a piggy bank, backpack, shirt, stationary set, Frisbee, luggage tag and wrist band!
Entries close Thur 20 Apr
Where: Lake Haven Dr and Goobarabah Avenue, Lake Haven
Click here for more information
Jopuka Productions proudly presents the groundbreaking all youth musical, 13!
Featuring 39 of the Central Coast’s most talented young actors and musicians this is sure to be smash hit school holiday production for the whole family! Following a move from New York City to small-town Indiana, young Evan Goldman grapples with his parents' divorce, preparing for his impending Bar Mitzvah, and navigating the complicated social circles of a new school.
With universal themes of growing up, acceptance and true friendship this show is sure to relatable to young and old!
Premiering on Broadway in 2008 it was the first musical ever on Broadway to have an entirely youth cast and orchestra. With music from Tony Award winning composer Jason Robert Brown, and script by Robert Horn who has written hit teen films such as Disney’s Teen Beach Movie! The original stage production launched the careers of stars such as Graham Phillips, Elizabeth Gillies, and Ariana Grande!
- Saturday 15 Apr 7.30PM
- Sunday 16 Apr 7.30PM
- Tuesday 18 Apr 12PM
- Wednesday 19 Apr 12PM
- Thursday 20 Apr 7.30PM
- Friday 21 Apr 7.30PM
- Adult $33.50
- Concession $27.50
- Student $25.50
- Adult Group (MIN 10) $31.50
- Concession Group (MIN 10) $25.50
Where: The Art House, 19-21 Margaret St Wyong
Click here for more information