Kids SCHOOL HOLIDAY Ideas!
Easter School Holidays
The Easter School holidays have come around again - and if you're wondering what you can do with the little ones, check out our range of great Kids School Holiday Activities that will have them entertained for hours on end!
Don't forget to check out our Special Offers from our 2017 Official Visitor Guide.
NEW Check out Aquafun Avoca Lake's new paddleboats. They now have a fleet of beautiful and high quality pedalboats to show off. These have been locally made and they are very proud of them.
Be sure to get down to the lake and be one of the first to try these beauties out.
Aqua Fun have a huge selection of exciting and modern watercraft including:
- Pedal-Boats - Single, Double or Quadruple!
- Kayaks - Single, Double, sit-in or sit-on. Quality & Stability.
- Stand Up Paddle Boards
Catering for all ages, levels of fitness and experience.
With safety a priority, Aqua Fun crafts are stable and life jackets are provided free of charge. Complimentary sun-screen is also available.
Their qualified and accredited kayak instructor is available to show you everything you need to know to have a great safe day out on the water.
No bookings required for casual hire. Just turn up. There is plenty of equipment.
Click here for more information
Experience Australia’s most Deadly & Dangerous creatures these school holidays at The Australian Reptile Park! To fulfil the ever curious and thrill-seeking mindset of visitors, award-winning sanctuary will feature their popular Deadly & Dangerous show series during the April school holidays (8th-25th April), educating guests on Australia and the world’s most dangerous creatures. The Australian Reptile Park is home to over 1,000 animals with about half of them being deadly and dangerous.
From seeing live snake and spider milkings daily and witnessing how The Australian Reptile Park’s brave keepers are saving lives or getting up close with Australia’s crankiest crocodile “Elvis”, visitors have no shortage of excitement these school holidays! The park will also be launching their BRAND NEW croc show with Elvis jumping out of water to snatch his food off the keepers every day of the holidays at 1:30pm – warning to visitors, they may get wet!!
Where: Pacific Hwy, Somersby
Get your kids active these school holidays with the Central Coast Mariners School Holiday Clinics in April 2017!
A team of experienced coaches will lead clinics at the Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence throughout April 2017, with boys and girls aged 5 to 12 catered for.
Each participant will receive specialised coaching, as well as a Mariners training shirt to wear throughout their sessions, and take home to mark their involvement.
PLUS – Those taking part will have the opportunity to be coached by Central Coast Mariners players, meet the team in a signing session and have a group photo with the squad.
The Newcastle Permanent School Holiday Clinics have a focus on fun and participation – no previous football skills are required!
Kids can opt to join in for one, two or three days of football fun in a supportive environment which aims to not only enhance their football skills, but ensures they are remaining active throughout their school break.
This program is proudly sponsored by Newcastle Permanent – Official School Holiday Clinic Partner of the Central Coast Mariners .
Central Coast Mariners School Holiday Clinics – April 2017
TUGGERAH (5 - 12 year olds):
Venue : Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence (1 Bryant Dr, Tuggerah)
Dates : Monday 10th, Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th April
Time 9:30am - 12:30pm
Cost : $65 (1 Day), $115, (2 Days) or $140 (3 days) – Mariners Members save 10%
Tuggerah - CLICK HERE TO BOOK
Central Coast Libraries
Sat 8 Apr
- Portrait Photography - Erina Library 11am - 1 pm
- Portrait Charcoal Drawing - Tuggerah Library 12:30 - 2:30pm
Mon 10 Apr
- Jules Verne Science - Erina Library 2:30 - 4pm
- Easter Storytime Fun - Gosford Library 10:30 - 11:30am
- Portrait Charcoal Drawing - Kincumber Library 1 - 3pm
- Easter Storytime and Craft - The Entrance Library 10 - 11am
- Manga Portraiture - Tuggerah Library 1-3pm
- Accessible Arcade Wii U for you - Umina Library 2:30pm - 4pm
Tues 11 Apr
- Stories at the Gallery - Gosford Regional Gallery 10:30 - 11:30am
- Easter Storytime and Craft - Toukley Library 10 - 11am
- Classic Crafts for Beginners - Woy Woy Library 2:30 - 4pm
- Forest of Doom - A Saga of Heroes Adventure 11am - 1pm
Wed 12 Apr
- Jules Verne Science - Gosford Library 10-11:30am
- Bob Turner Wildlife - Tuggerah Library 10 - 11am
- Easter Storytime Fun - Woy Woy Library 10:30 - 11:30am
Thurs 13 Apr
- Books and Board Games - Erina Library 2 - 4pm
- Easter Lego and Craft - Lake haven Library 10 - 12 noon
- Easter Storytime Fun - Umina Library 10:30 - 11:30am
- Spotty Bear's Amazing Journey - Lionel Robinson - Bateau Bay Library 10 - 11am
- Accessible Arcade Wii U for you - Gosford Library 2:30pm - 4pm
- Classic Tales - Kincumber Library 10-11:30am
Wed 19 Apr
- Classic Crafts for Beginners - Erina Library 10 - 11:30am
- Jules Verne Science - Kariong Youth Centre 10 - 11:30am
- Men's Shed Woodworking - Kincumber Library 10:30am - 12 noon
Thurs 20 Apr
- Lego Club - Kincumber Library 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Scope IT: Coding for Beginners 10am - 12 noon
- Classic Tales - Woy Woy Library 10 - 11:30am
Fri 21 Apr
- Accessible Arcade Wii U for you - Erina Library 2:30 - 4pm
- Family Movie Night: The Secret Life of Pets - Kariong Library7 - 9pm
- Manga Portraiture - Kincumber Library 1- 3 pm
- Music for Little Ones Workshop with Tom Harding - Tuggerah Library 10 - 11am
- Jules Verne Science - Umina Library 10 - 11:30am
Central Coast Youth Services
School holidays Program 8 - 22 April
- Central Coast Series - Copa Clash - Skate, Scooter & BMX competition
- Idea to Screen | WE Dream | Puppet making workshopThe Hub Erina with ERTH
- Deck Art - Learn to create art on a skateboard deck
- Music Workshop - Learn the basics behind guitar
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding - Canton Beach
- Learn to surf - Umina Beach
- Skate and Scooter skills development - Bato Yard
- MMA Rising Stars Program
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding - Terrigal Lagoon
- Learn to surf - Soldiers Beach
- Jules Verne Science - Explore the science behind Jules Verne's tales of adventure
April School holiday Entertainment
Free Kids Disco Wednesday April 12 | 6.30pm
Free Kids Movie Night Wednesday April 19 | 6.30pm Pete's Dragon
Special Kids Menu served on the night 5.30pm-6.30pm
Kids Bingo Friday April 21 from 11.00am $4.00 includes bingo book, chips and a drink.
Where: Melbourne Ave, Umina Beach
Click here for more information
Kid’s Buffet High Tea - Under the Sea!
For a special experience with your child this school holidays,go along to the Kid’s Buffet High Tea on Sunday, the 23rd of April at Crowne Plaza Terrigal.
Under the Sea! The kids will enjoy face painting, plaster painting, balloon animals and a puppet show and can come dressed up in an ocean themed costume if they wish. We hope to see plenty of pirates and mermaids about.
For just $29 each for adults and children, you will indulge in the Buffet High Tea with cupcakes, sandwiches, candy and more. Beer and wine will be available for adults to purchase on the day.
When: 12pm, Sunday 23rd April 2017
Price: Adults: $29 Children (Aged 3-12): $29 each
Infants (2 and under): Free but will not be allocated a seat.
Bookings are essential and seating is allocated.
Please note; All adults attending the event must pay and adults must remain present with children throughout the event.
To book or for more information please call (02) 4384 9238 or click here
Where: Pine Tree Lane, Terrigal
18 - 23 April
Get Your Skates On...
Old School Fun For All Ages
Old school fun is coming to Erina Fair these school holidays with our very own Roller-skating rink popping up in Centre Court.
Put a pair of skates on and have fun with the whole family, as we provide skates for everyone to enjoy in the fun. 2 sessions per hour (on the hour and half past the hour) on a first in best dressed basis.
Where to find us: Centre Court
- Tuesday 18 April 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Wednesday 19 April 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Thursday 20 April 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Friday 21 April 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Saturday 22 April 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Sunday 23 Aprilb11:00am - 4:00pm
Where: Terrigal Drive Erina
School Holiday Entertainment
Featuring such animals as Snappy the Crocodile, Blossom the Possum and Princess the Python, the Something Wild! show is a great way to introduce kids to our wonderful wildlife.
Monday April 10 Tickets $5.00 starfish kids club members , $10.00 non members. Session 1 - 10.30am, Session 2 - 1.00pm. Suitable for children 5yrs and over. Limit of 40 kids per session so bookings essential.
Zumba for Kids!
An explosion of music, dance and energy that will keep your kids pumping.
Tuesday 11th & 18th April
Tickets starfish kids club members $2.00, non members $5.00 per class. 10.30am for 4 -6yrs of age, 11.15am for 7 - 12yrs of age. suitable footwear must be worn eg: joggers
Trolls Musical Theatre
An interactive singing and dance workshop. Parents are welcome in the last 5 minutes of the workshop to enjoy the final number.
Wednesday April 12 & 19th.
Tickets $20.00 starfish kids club members $20.00, non members $25.00 9.30am - 11.00am 5 - 12 yrs
Diggers Got Talent
Come along and enjoy showing off your skills of performance or directing in this child orchestrated extravaganza!. Parents are welcome for the final 5 minutes of the workshop to be wowed by their kid's performance.
Wednesday 12th & 19th April
Tickets $20.00 starfish kids club members $20.00, non members $25.00 11.30am - 1.00pm 5 - 12 yrs
Kids Movie Day
The Smurfs - The Lost Village
Cinema Paridiso @Ettalong
Tickets purchased at Club but screening at Movie Theatre
Thursday 13th April
Tickets $5.00 for starfish kids club members & their parents. Doors open 9.30am, show starts 10.00am.
Friday April 14th (Good Friday)
6.00pm - 8.30pm, strictly 12yrs and under. Held in the Seaview Ballroom
Starfish Kids Disco is a free monthly event incudes;
- Kids Party DJ
- Fabulous Face Painters
- Fun Party Games
- Balloon Sculpting & Twisting
Where: 54 The Esplanade, Ettalong Beach
Click here for more information
School Holiday Adventure Max Camp
Come along and enjoy a fun filled day of kayaking, laser skirmish, abseiling, horse riding and quad biking at Australia’s largest horse riding and outdoor adventure centre.
School Holiday Horse Riding Camps
Our school holiday horse riding camps offer children aged 5-17 years the opportunity to see what it is like to own their own horse and learn horse riding skills. There are a variety of half day, full day and overnight camps catering from complete beginner to advanced pony club riders.
Hour of Power Laser Skirmish
Throughout school holidays and on public holidays we host Hour of Power laser skirmish sessions, with shorter 15 minute laser skirmish games available
Laser skirmish is a team combat simulation game similar to laser tag that is played outdoors. Laser skirmish is like a live action computer game as players shoot guns with a harmless infra-red beam, with a sensor detecting hits. This is loads of fun for all.
Where: 69 Cooks Rd Glenworth Valley
Keep the kids entertained these school holidays and treat them to some crafty fun at Gosford Regional Gallery.
We have a host of free art activities, as well as special workshops, for all the budding artists out there.
- Drawing in the Garden - 11 - 20 April - Simply pick up your drawing materials from the gallery and head out into the garden. Once completed bring your drawings back to the desk and enter your artwork into our Drawing In The Garden art competition.
- Stories at the Gallery - 11 April 4-8yrs - Revisit childhood family favourites, such as Winnie the Pooh and Little Golden Books, followed by the creating of simple craft. Free Event Bookings required
- Russian Dolls - 18 April 6 - 14 yrs - Students will paint a series of 5 Russian dolls and learn about the history and culture of this Russian tradition. Cost $25
- String Art - 18 Apr 6 - 10 yrs - Students will create two different designs and learn the skills to create string art works at home. Cost $25
- Clay Art - 19 Apr 6-14 yrs - Students will make dragons or other fantasy creatures using air drying clay. Learn how to sculpt and work the clay. Cost $25
- Clay Sea Creatures - 19 Apr 6-14 yrs - Students will make sea creatures, mermaids and other fantasy creatures using air drying clay. Learn how to sculpt and work the clay. Cost $25
- Under the Sea - 20 Apr 6-14 yrs - Learn to explore the ocean through drawing. Students will create a real or fantasy image from under the sea. Cost $25
- Pet Portrait - 20 Apr 6-14 yrs - Create a portrait of your favourite pet or another animal, bring along a photo. Students will learn how to draw their chosen animal and bring it to life. Cost $25
- Watercolours - 21 Apr 6-14yrs - Discover the beauty and joy of watercolour manipulating water to work with nature and the different patterns from our beautiful Japanese gardens. Cost $25
- Chilbi - 21 Apr 6-15yrs - Join this fun class where we will learn how to draw ‘chibis’ a Japanese animation of small cute people and animals. Cost $25
Come and watch Nate Butler Studio's Saturday Primary School Musical Course showcase their talents in Shrek - The Musical Jr.
Where: Laycock Street Theatre
- Monday 10 April 2017: 3pm, 5pm and 7pm
- Tuesday 11 April 2017: 3pm, 5pm and 7pm
Show duration: 1 hour
All tickets: $25, Groups 6+ $20
Where: Laycock St Theatre, Laycock St North Gosford
From sweets to family dinners there are all sorts of things to keep kids interested. All classes for school students are only $45.
Classes are arranged in infants, primary and high school groups and are specifically designed for those age groups.
• Pasta for High School Students (Yrs 7 – 12) Tuesday, April 11 | 10.00am – 12.00 pm
• Mini High Tea for Primary School Students (Yrs 3 – 6) Tuesday , April 11 | 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm
• Easter Themed Cupcake Decorating for Kinder to Yr 2 - Wednesday, April 12 | 10.00am – 11.00am
• Easter Cupcake Baking and Decorating for Primary School Students (Yrs 3 – Yr 6) Wednesday, April 12 | 2.00pm – 4.00pm
• Easter Baking for High School Students (Yrs 7 – Yr 12) Thursday, April 13 | 2.00 pm – 4.00pm
• Cooking for the family – Indian Cuisine for Primary School Students (Yrs 3 – Yr 6) Wednesday, April 19 | 10.00 am – 12.00 pm
• Sweet Things for High School Students (Yrs 7 – Yr 12) Wednesday , April 19 | 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm
• Sweet and Savoury Baking for Primary School Students (Yrs 3 – Yr 6) Thursday, April 20 | 2.00 pm – 4. 00 pm
• Cooking for the family – Mexican Cuisine for High School Students (Yrs 7 – Yr 12) Friday, April 21 | 10.00 am – 12.00 pm
Easter Holiday Fun
Face Painting and Balloon Sculpture
Fairy Sparkles will be painting little faces while Pirate Salt sculpts balloons into various shapes
Mon 10 – Wed 12 April 10am – 2pm
Easter Bunny Visit
The Easter Bunny will be giving out chocolate eggs to all the kids
Thur 13 & Sat 15 Apr 9:30 – 1:30
Create a Calming Jar
The latest craft craze – the continuously swirling sparkly creation is not just fun to make, but will keep you memerized for hours.
Mon 17 – Fri 21 Apr 10am – 2pm
Metro Cinemas Smurf Colour Competition
Win a family movie pass, and a “Lost Village” pack including: a piggy bank, backpack, shirt, stationary set, Frisbee, luggage tag and wrist band!
Entries close Thur 20 Apr
Where: Lake Haven Dr and Goobarabah Avenue, Lake Haven
Click here for more information
Saturday 8 April 2017
Come along to the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party in Kibble Park, Gosford!
GBID are holding the Mad Hatter's Tea Party in Kibble Park on Saturday 8 April 2017. The event kicks off at 10am, with FREE games, rides and activities. The tea party begins at 11 am, with FREE cupcakes from Kiss My Cupcake and lolly bags for the first 300 kids aged between 2 and 8 years. Then, from 11.30am, we will have the Mad Hatters disco! There will also be prizes for the children wearing the maddest hats!
For more information, contact the GBID office on 4322 7726 or email at email@example.com
NSW National Parks & Wildlife
These school holidays, help look for bush food and animal tracks with an Aboriginal WilderQuest ranger, in Munmorah State Conservation Area. Ever wondered what the Aboriginal people could eat in the bush or what
animal made that poo or track? Solve these mysteries through games and
asking questions of our Aboriginal WilderQuest Ranger who will help you
look out for special foods and exciting signs left by the animals!
Make sure to bring a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water, snacks and fully enclosed footwear.
When: Friday 21 April 2017, 9am–11am
Where: Munmorah State Conservation Area
Grade: Easy. Suitable for children 5-8 years. Adults and children welcome. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Price: Adult/child $10 per person.
Entry fees: Park entry fees apply
Meeting point: Given on booking
Bookings: Bookings required. Phone (02) 4320 4205 or email the Central Coast Discovery Centre.
Click here for more information
Jopuka Productions proudly presents the groundbreaking all youth musical, 13!
Featuring 39 of the Central Coast’s most talented young actors and musicians this is sure to be smash hit school holiday production for the whole family! Following a move from New York City to small-town Indiana, young Evan Goldman grapples with his parents' divorce, preparing for his impending Bar Mitzvah, and navigating the complicated social circles of a new school.
With universal themes of growing up, acceptance and true friendship this show is sure to relatable to young and old!
Premiering on Broadway in 2008 it was the first musical ever on Broadway to have an entirely youth cast and orchestra. With music from Tony Award winning composer Jason Robert Brown, and script by Robert Horn who has written hit teen films such as Disney’s Teen Beach Movie! The original stage production launched the careers of stars such as Graham Phillips, Elizabeth Gillies, and Ariana Grande!
- Saturday 15 Apr 7.30PM
- Sunday 16 Apr 7.30PM
- Tuesday 18 Apr 12PM
- Wednesday 19 Apr 12PM
- Thursday 20 Apr 7.30PM
- Friday 21 Apr 7.30PM
- Adult $33.50
- Concession $27.50
- Student $25.50
- Adult Group (MIN 10) $31.50
- Concession Group (MIN 10) $25.50
Where: The Art House, 19-21 Margaret St Wyong
Click here for more information
Try the new TreeTop Vertical Challenges for free!*
Ever tried climbing a massive Eucalypt tree? It's now possible in a fun and safe way at TreeTop Vertical Challenges! Anyone 5yo+ can enjoy the climb through various challenges from the ground up.
Check out our fun zig zag ladder, challenging climbing walls, polka dots and much more. Appreciate the smooth ride back down to the ground thanks to automatic belay devices. Want more? Race your friends side by side!
Choose from three different levels, designed for children and adults alike. Test your strength and challenge your mind! Book your TreeTop Vertical Challenges session at the park.
Book TreeTop Adventure Park and TreeTop Crazy Rider (Central Coast park only) these school holidays and get a 30min session on our new vertical challenges free. Alternatively pay $10 when booking only one of the activities or $18 if not booking any other activities.
*Conditions apply: offer subject to availability for participation between 7th and 25th April 2017 excluding public holidays. Check activity requirements. Booking online only TreeTops.com.au using promo code CC1VC17 in payment section. Not to be used with any other offer. TreeTop Vertical Challenges free session available only to participants booked on both TreeTop Adventure Park and TreeTop Crazy Rider (using add to cart function). TreeTop Vertical Challenges $10 session available only to participants booked on one of the above adventures. On the day of participation, see TreeTops front desk team to book and pay for your TreeTop Vertical Challenges session time. The offer & information provided has been given by the participating business & correct at the time of publishing. Offers may change at the business’ discretion. Central Coast Tourism are not the provider of this offer & make no guarantee as to the offer availability, & are not liable for any loss or damage suffered by any person redeeming these offers.
Where: Ourimbah State Forest, 1 Red Hill Rd, Wyong Creek
Click here for more information
Saturday 8 - Sunday 23 Apr
Your little one's will love all the fun activities we have in store for them these School Holidays (and you will love the 20 minutes of peace).
- Saturday 8 Apr - Tuesday 11 Apr / Poppy's Pretzels Making
- Monday 10 - Saturday 15 Apr / Alice in Wonderland Easter Maze
- Wednesday 12 Apr / Mad Mex Craft Zone
- Thursday 13 Apr / Donut King Donut Rush
- Saturday 15 April / Easter Egg Hunt (SOLD OUT)
- Tuesday 18 April / Lincraft Bunting Fun
- Wednesday 19 April / Mad Mex Craft Zone
- Thursday 20 April / Lincraft Weaving
- Friday 21 - Sat 22 April / Big Boost Bash with Boost Juice
Where: 50 Wyong Rd Tuggerah